Tuesday, January 6, 2009

See Life, and Astrology, as Polarity

I have many thoughts about how much polarity impacts us all. It will be many separate postings to get much of this communicated, but I'll start here.

Spiritually, the highest state is Oneness--or Non-dual reality. However, almost no one spends much time there. Instead we exist in Duality. Self and Other. Me and You. Mine and Yours. My friend and Your friend. My country and Your country. My money and Your money.

See a pattern?

Astrologically this is represented many ways. Quickly, you can identify with any part of your horoscope and project the other. So you could identify with your Sun and project your Moon--who are all those emotional women following me around?--or vice versa--who are those egotistical Leos in my life?

However, the most basic way we identify as self and other is the axis of the Ascendant and the Descendant. This is a vitally important way we look at the world and it has major implications in how we view all our significant relationships--including relatives, friends, work colleagues--not just our One And Only!

Since I have a Capricorn Ascendant, I am slotted by many into the unemotional and ambitious category. Because that is how they respond to Capricorn! I, meanwhile, attract many people with Cancer Rising, and they can be incredibly caught up in their stories, their families and their emotional drama. Now, in fairness to most of them, they are just regular people. And when they aren't in relationship with me they are less demonstrative of the pregnancy hormone syndrome.

What is the way out of this dilemma? To own my whole chart.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment